As if thousands of dead birds falling from the skyand millions of fish turning up dead across the world in the last week weren’t enough, the Thanet Coast in the UK is now littered with tens of thousands of dead crabs that have washed ashore.
The events are likely unrelated, however, and the BBC notes that this is the third year in a row thousands of dead devil crabs, also known as velvet swimming crabs, have turned up on the coastline near Kent, England. It is estimated that40,000 of the dead crabs have washed up on the beaches this year.
- 40,000 dead crabs washed up on Kent coastline as UK is latest country to be hit by bizarre animal deaths (mirror.co.uk)
- Now The Crabs Are Dying (theawl.com)
- “”Crabs, Birds, Fish: No End to Mysterious Animal Deaths”” and related posts (coyoteprime-runningcauseicantfly.blogspot.com)
- Mystery: Thousands of Dead Crabs Litter England’s Beaches (livescience.com)
- Bird deaths: timeline of the mysterious bird deaths (telegraph.co.uk)
- Thousands of dead crabs, birds, fish turn up from the US to Europe;what’s going on? #health #tcot #news #parents (littlebytesnews.blogspot.com)
- The Aflockalypse (merovee.wordpress.com)
- Dead Birds, Fish And Bears, Oh My: And Now A Whole Bunch Of Crabs Are Dying, Too (mediaite.com)